By Regina Wright
- 1 package of English muffins (whole wheat or gluten free can also be used)
- 1 small jar of tomato sauce
- A small package of shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Place the English muffin on a paper towel or plate. Take a spoonful of tomato sauce and spread it evenly onto the muffin top.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cheese on top of the tomato sauce.
- Provide topping choices for the children if you choose (ham, pepperoni, olives, green peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, pineapple, etc.).
- Place in the microwave for 5 seconds or until the cheese melts.
Cool for 2 to 3 seconds (always test to be sure the food is not too hot). Now you have mini pizzas and you incorporated fine motor skills as well. Eat!!! Yummy!!
* As a golden rule, programs will want to follow best practices for sanitary conditions when cooking with children, such as hand washing before and after preparing and or handling food.
Submit your favorite recipe to email@example.com and maybe it will be featured here!